Being a web search evaluator is one of the highest paying jobs that you can do online. These are great jobs for felons because they have NO background check or credit check at all. The job is not overly complicated but you must have good analytical skills and be very comfortable using the internet and performing searches.
Web Search Evaluator Jobs for Felons
Below you will find all of the information that you need to get started as a web search evaluator. Please not that the companies list below are felon friendly employers, no background checks will be performed.
What does a web search evaluator do?
The basic job function of a web search evaluator is to check the relevance of SERP’s, known as Search Engine Result Pages. You will be given specific keywords to search for and the you will analyze the results for relevance. As an example; The keyword you are given is Sara Lee (baked goods and food) and you then search google. After looking at the SERP’s you would rate each result on a scale of 1-10 with 1 being the least relevant.
If the first result was a company that sells Sara Lee T shirts and the second result was the Sara Lee home page for the company. The most relevant result would be the Sara Lee company homepage and should be ranking number one so you would assign it a 10 and the T shirt company may be ranked with a value of 3. This is just an example to help explain the job, you will receive more direction and training from the company you work for.
Skills needed for the job
There are just a few basic skills you will need to have and they include:
- Analytical thinking ability
- An understanding of search results and the internet
- A broad knowledge of many subjects, people and pop culture
- Be an independent worker and a self starter
- Able to work efficiently without becoming distracted
You will need internet access and a laptop or desktop personal computer.
Pay and hours
The pay for a web search evaluator can range from about 14 to 17 dollars per hour. Most companies do not have enough assignments to make it a full time job but you can always work at more than one company to make it a full time job.
The hours are pretty much up to you as long as you meet your deadlines.
How to apply
There are several steps in getting the job and most of these companies have the same or similar process.
- The first step is to fill out an application. It is your basic contact information and experience. Having little or no experience is not a big deal.
- Next you will take a written test. Most of it is just basic knowledge and they provide study material. The study material can be used during the exam.
- The third step will be another exam that will be online. It will give you a sample of the work you will be doing and then after it is completed the company will grade it.
- If you pass the online test you will then be assigned searches to be performed.
List of web search evaluator companies that hire felons
Below you will find a list of companies that hire web search evaluators. Remember that these are great jobs for felons since they do no background check! Take