Does Kroger Hire Felons? Answers Here!
Yes, Kroger does hire felons but not all felons. From what we understand any felon that applies to Kroger will not automatically be ruled out for consideration. Each applicant will be considered for employment on a case by case basis.
Applying to Kroger as a felon
When you are applying for a job at Kroger or any other business it is important to answer any questions on your application honestly. If you get caught lying about your past there is no chance that you will be hired if they run a background check.
We can not provide you a simple black and white answer as to whether Kroger will hire you, just that they do not have a blanket policy against hiring felons. What we can say is that it depends on several factors that include the following:
- Length of time since the completion of your sentence
- The exact type of felony conviction
- The hiring manager’s personal view and opinion
Krogers background check
Our research indicates that Kroger will most likely only go back seven years when they run their criminal background check. We can not confirm this 100% though so be careful when applying for a position.
Tips for applying to Kroger with a felony
- Be prepared to talk about your past! Saying nothing will not get you the get you the job. Think about what you will say before you have the interview so you are prepared.
- You may want to submit a short, typed letter with your application that explains your past, why you want the job and how you will be an asset to Kroger. Make sure it is professional sounding and has no grammatical errors!
- Be honest! Don’t try to minimize your past or try to make it sound like it wasn’t your fault. Own up to it but also explain how you are not that person.